Bow peep sights are small pieces of kit curved in shape and are attached to the bowstrings. Most often used as a rear peep sight, they are little devices that assist archers with their aim in the archery world. Whether you prefer a compound bow, a re curve bow, or a different type of bow, choosing the right peep sight could mean the difference between certainty and uncertainty for archery shooters in hitting the target. Bow peep sights are amazingly popular and help to improve a shooter’s accuracy and consistency. However, with so many on the market, it is difficult to know which one is right for you. Therefore, we wanted to focus on the top five best bow peep sights to provide with our reviews and a buying guide. If you make the right decision when buying your new peep sight, it could save you money in the long run and help you hit that target over and over. We hope you find this useful!
Price point: $$
- What you’ll love about this bow sight is that it is extremely quiet and it’s one of the most advanced of its kind in the Tree-stand category. What’s more, it automatically compensates for all distances of up to 35 yards.
- The aperture has a 1.8” inner diameter with a circular view field, with a very useful shooter’s ring,which glows in the dark and helps you to align the peep sight.
- For both left- and right-handed shooters, the TRUGLO Pendulum Series Ultimate Tree-stand Bow Sight is adjustable.
- It is possible that the pendulum will come loose due to a broken clamp; however, with proper care of the bow sight, this should not occur.
- The TRUGLO Pendulum Series Ultimate Treestand Bow Sight comes with sight tape.
- It will work with any quiver.
- Overall, it’s uber light and wonderfully It comes with a fixed or an adjustable bracket while shooters can choose to lock the pendulum in place—excellent for ground shooting.
Price point: $
- This peep sight features a comfortable coating that is non-abrasive.
- The radial string grooves allow the product to fit well with any bow and the grooves are also convex which translates to less surface area for the strings to connect with; therefore, string wear is dramatically improved.
- Its convex interior maintains the round image of the sight.
- A variety of sizes and colors are available.
- We were unable to find any negatives relating to the G5 Outdoors Meta Pro Peep Hunter Sight. If we were pressed to find even just one, we could mention that if you are a wearer of glasses, you may experience some difficulty.
- The G5 Outdoors Meta Pro Peep Hunter Sight is perfectly made from 7000-series aluminum with a convex interior that is a patented design. Its diameter is ideally created; therefore, maximizing the sight’s field of view even in lower light.
- The circle shape of this peep sight is also maintained even when shooters need to tilt the peep which means they no longer have to struggle with trying to see properly through an oval shape.
- This peep sight carries a “no cut guarantee” so shooters can buy with confidence.
Price point: $
- The TRUGLO Pro Series ¼ Central Peep is made from aluminum so that it maintains its lightweight nature but keeps the excellent strength that comes from using this compound.
- They come in three different color options: red, blue, and black.
- This peep sight is available in a variety of aperture sizes including 1/4”, 1/8”, and 3/16” which is good news for shooters who want to choose their own peep size.
- The only negative we could find is that the manufacturer does not specify the length of the axle to axle bows that can be used with this peep nor the type of axle to axle bows that are ideally used.
- The TRUGLO Pro Series ¼ Central Peep is a tubeless peep.
- This peep sight is specially designed with grooves for strings in order to support the shorter axle to axle type bows.
- Overall, it is a very affordable peep that should fulfill its intended purpose well.
Price Point: $$$
- The TRUGLO Versa is a versatile peep sight for quality conscious shooters.
- This peep sight is available in a variety of colors including red, black, and green.
- It is available for both left- and right-dominant shooters.
- Included in the packet upon purchase, you’ll receive a 1/8” and 3/16” inserts too, which can be inserted to simply and quickly change the diameter of the peep sight and the color of the aperture. Best of all, you don’t need to remove and re-install while doing this!
- The price point could be a negative for some shooters.
- The TRUGLO Versa is precision made with the CNC machine, made of quality metal.
- This peep sight is made of lightweight aluminum with an angled design, ideal for the shorter axle to axle bows.
- The peep sight diameter is 1/4″ without any insert.
- Overall, even though the price could be a prohibitive factor for some shooters, with the additional size peeps included in the purchase package, easily installed for a variety of situations, this peep sight takes care of it all.
Price point: $$
- The Precision Peep Sight is made from high quality 7000 series aluminum
- Color choice available including green, orange, and red. The brighter colors available mean they are easier to find.
- The center post of this peep sight provides an accurate reference point for all shooters and, therefore, helps to correctly realign errors in aim.
- The verify point is exceedingly helpful for beginners.
- Some shooters have complained about strings being ruined; however, we have found this to be the minority.
- This peep sight is a good choice for beginning bow hunters.
- Overall, the Precision Peep Sight helps archers to place the target in the right place every time and is, therefore, a great choice for those with vision problems or other such issues because the verify point while aiming can be incredibly helpful.