A compound bow is one that makes use of a levering system—generally pulleys and cables—in order to bend the limbs which provides a mechanical advantage. There is a vast array of compound bow sights, sight pins, and peep sight devices available to purchase and each one has its own unique features. For this reason, it can be difficult to choose the right compound bow sight or single pin sight for you—or to at least feel satisfied with your choice when there are so many to choose from. This post tries to provide some clarity and point out the main features of our top 5 compound bow sights to make it easier to find the right device for your needs.
Price point: $$
- The Trophy Ridge Peak 5 Pin Bow Sight allows for an unobstructed view, courtesy of the vertical in-line pin technology.
- The five pins are very bright, improving visibility to the nth degree, and they are fiber optic.
- The Ballistix CoPolymer system is designed to reduce vibration.
- The rheostat light allows for the adjustment of the brightness in order to suit visibility in all conditions and hitting your target sights more regularly.
- This compound bow sight is unfortunately only designed for right-handed users; however, the Peak version is available in both.
- Unfortunately, some users have reported that when tightening the wingnuts when allowing for adjustment, the sight does not stay precise.
- With exclusive vertical-line pin technology and the strong aluminum of the BallistixCoPolymer system, this could be the bow sight for you.
- Overall, it does not matter how the user moves their pins around, the sight picture will not change. There will be no obscurity of any target thanks to the multiple pins in the field of view.
Price point: $$$
- The Covert Pro Illuminated Bow Sight is for both archers and hunters that look for dependability in their bow sights.
- Adjustable design allows for long range accuracy, with an LED light and multiple brightness settings.
- Designed for use only with a compound bow but for both right- and left-hand users.
- One-handed adjustments are possible and make adjusting target settings easy.
- 60 Yard tapes are included for easy setup.
- We could not find any negatives with this product.
- With an adjustable 2nd and 3rd axis to illuminated level, easy one-handed adjustments and the LED light for multiple brightness settings for use in any visibility conditions, this is an all-around, good quality, and useful product.
Price point: $$
- The TRUGLO Carbon Hybrid Sight includes a handy micro push-button LED light and standard adjustment.
- This is the ideal compound bow sight for both right- and left-handed shooters.
- It’s made of lightweight carbon aluminum and composite construction with a 1.9” diameter circular field of view.
- This compound bow sight is one of the first archery sights constructed with this particular material; thereby, providing exceptional durability with its strength to weight ratio.
- Less vibration than the general compound bow sight.
- This compound bow sight has a unique metal pin design which allows for improved usage along with the extended length bracket allowing for additional sight radius.
- We could not find any negatives for this compound bow sight.
- The TRUGLO Carbon Hybrid Sight is ideal for both left- and right-handed shooters.
- With the tool-free micro adjustment option of all except the pins, the glow in the dark paint placed in just the right place on the front edge of the ring to help in decreased visibility conditions, this is a great,all-around compound bow sight that’s light in weight but solidly built.
Price point: $
- The Aketek Upgrade Combo 5 Pin Bow Sight has a variety of quality that will make it one of the best compound bow sight purchases for shooters.
- It’s a universal option which means it can offer most shooters the solution they are looking for as it can be taken off and put back onto a variety of different bows, thereby providing improved usability.
- This combo sight includes a light which assists shooters in less than perfect light conditions.
- Either left- or right-handed users can make use of this bow sight.
- The Aketek comes with a stabilizer and, therefore, ensures both accuracy and balance.
- This is generally an excellent bow sight for beginners; however, other users may need an advanced option.
- With a wider range of use than a standard fit bow sight, this is an excellent find.
- Overall, this compound bow sight does not limit its use with any specific users as it’s for both left- and right-handed shooters. The built-in stabilizer is still lightweight enough not to affect the overall performance of the sight.
Price point: $$$
- Constructed from a durable stainless steel and hard-wearing Ballistix Co polymer which is 25% lighter than aluminum.
- This compound bow sight comes with a tool-free micro click wind age with a variety of elevation adjustments.
- The mathematical precision technology automatically adjusts all the five pins to the ideal position.
- Severe angles and long distances are no problem for the Trophy Ridge React Pro thanks to the third axis adjustment.
- Some users have complained of the need to readjust the sight after installation.
- Due to the many high-quality features of the Trophy Ridge React 5 Pin Bow Sight, we can say it is one of the best purchases you could make and is good for both beginners and advanced compound bow users.
- Thanks to the Ballistix Co polymer construction, there are very few issues with the accuracy of the target.
- This is an aesthetically appealing compound bow sight with a reversible function and complete ease of installation.